Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Schweeeeet!

I forgot loads of stuff from my last blog so i'll try to put it in this one but I wanted to start off with the good news that my PSB fanzines are already up to 36 quid (no pound sign on blogger - odd!) on ebay! I've had bids from Brazil, Australia, Scotland and LA, who knew the Pet Shop Boys were so internationally loved??

Holiday stuff I forgot was the fab experience of taking Phoebe on a pedalo on Lake Kournas, a extinct volcano. She had a life jacket on, which she wasn't keen on, but she loved seeing the dragonflies that kept landing on the pedalo. She now points out dragonflies in any book she reads :) The water in Lake Kournas is amazingly clear and the colours are so beautiful. I'll see if I can find an aerial pic...



I also forgot to tell you about what books i've read recently. I'd been trying to read a particular chick-lit novel for months and just wasn't getting anywhere with it. It was called 'Handbags and Halos', I forget the author. I finally managed to finish it on hols and decided to leave it in Crete as a Bookcrossing wild release. I also finished 'The Camel Bookmobile' by Masha Hamilton. I really enjoyed that one but I felt a bit like i'd had the rug pulled from under me at the end. I was actually pleased it wasn't the ending i'd expected - always nice when that happens - even though it did leave me a bit sad. I've not started anything new yet but i've had 'The Marriage Bureau for Rich People' out from the library for ages so I should start that next.

I'm really looking forward to Friday night as i've been invited to a baby-free girls night with some 'Mummy' friends. There'll be wine & cheese apparantly...how could I resist?? I was meant to be going to the Download Festival this weekend but we sold our tickets at the weekend. I just realised that I wasn't going for me, I was doing it for Rich and for the sake of being able to tell people i'd been, thus naively hoping to make people think I was young and cool (neither is true i'm afraid). We lost money on the tickets but as we bought them so long ago and considered the money gone, it actually feels like a windfall of sorts. To celebrate we're going out for a meal on Saturday night. Not sure where we're going yet, but I hope it's busier than the last time we went out for a meal (entire place to ourselves!).

Right then, i'm off to see if my pineapples have grown in 'Treasure Isle' on Facebook - damn you Laura for getting me hooked ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment