Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Where have I been?

I can't believe it's 6 days since I blogged. A couple of very exciting things have happened since my last post. Firstly....I have a fish! I finally got a Siamese Fighting Fish (l. Betta Splendens) and he's gorgeous. I got him from a place called Sweet Knowle Aquatics in Stratford Upon Avon (diesel costs were cheaper than courier so we drove there). As he's from Stratford I simply had to call him Shakespeare and this is what he looks like...



He's so cute and loves to wiggle about begging for food. I'm having to be careful not to overfeed him though as Bettas are renowned for over-eating and then getting poorly. Phoebe loves him and knows him by name now. If she sees a fish in a book she immediately looks at the tank too.

My second piece of news is the result of my ebay auction. This was the set of 4 Pet Shop Boys fanzines from 1990/1. After receiving enquiries from all corners of the Earth it came down to a bidding war between a guy from LA and a woman in Australia. She won the auction with a massive bid of £103.30. I was totally amazed that anyone would pay that much for them. I'd seen a full set of issues 1-28 go for £80-odd previously so certainly didn't expect over a hundred. My friend Lucie, who I met through the PSB fan club, has given me strict orders to spend it all on me and just me. Hmm, I *think* I can manage that LOL. She's going to dig her old fanzines out now and flog 'em too.

So, with the treat totaliser now at an amazing £175 I decided it was time to hit the e-shops! I've had several items in my favourites folder on Etsy.com for months now and I was so chuffed to be able to finally buy them.

First up was this cheeky little limited edition screen printed cotton bag by 'TakeYourCanvasBags'...



Then this uber-cute doll bead by 'sals25' aka Sally Sutherland....


Last, but certainly not least, I bought some amazing artwork from 'Schin' aka Schin Loong. She's such a talented artist and the main piece I bought was this art print titled 'The Ascension' which i've been in love with for ages...



I also bought an original watercolour of Cloud Strife (of Final Fantasy), some really sweet birthday cards and a couple of ltd edition ACEOs. Looking forward to receiving them all! *does happy dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment