Friday, 10 September 2010

Colour Splash time again!

Huzzah! It's time for another Colour Splash challenge down at The Play Date Cafe. I love these challenges so much as they give me an excuse to use black and white as the main focus of the card.



This challenge, PDCC46, was to add a splash of either Copper, Gold or Pink to the design. Whilst my first choice was to use copper, I found that the design I came up with was just screaming out for bright pink.

I started out by stamping a paisley design in black onto white card. While punching out some black handbags to add to the card I noticed how great the remaining black card would look over the printed design, with the paisley showing through the handbag apertures. I used my corner rounder on one end of the black card strip and then cut out a tag shape from white card and coloured it pink using a promarker. The sentiment is from the 'Celebrate in Style' stamp set from Stampin'Up! I then layered the whole lot onto 'Real Rose' cardstock, again from SU!



As Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #39 is 'Whateva!' theme you like, I'm also entering this card there too.

9 comments:

  1. Super fun use of the Paisley! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun entry : ) So glad to have you play with us in The Play Date Cafe. Love me some paisley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black and white, the pink really 'pops'! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Your little bags look so cute! So pleased you could play along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how you think your going to approach something in a certain way but end up going in another direction? Intuition is a great thing when we listen to it, cos your card is fabulous! The bright pink really showcases the black and white and gives a stunning effect! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks fab, good luck with the DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable purses on the black. Sweet card. Thanks for playing along at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute card with the little handbags, you used the same colours as I did, bright pink goes so well with black and white, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that sentiment--so fun! I love how you had just a splash of pink! Great card:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete