Tuesday, 28 September 2010

A whiter shade of...white?

Happy happy joy joy! That's how I felt tackling this week's challenge from Colour Create Challenge #54 - All White. This was the inspiration picture...



I've never tried an all white card before and it was a daunting task. Being allowed to have a coloured image helped but I still wanted to stay quite minimalist. I knew I wanted to make a new baby card as I have several friends who are expecting soon. So I decided to use my new 'Something Sweet' stamp set from Stampin' Up! as it has a really cute rattle design that can be made 3D using their sweet treat cups (which I recently treated myself to). To make it a shaker card I stamped a load of little pink hearts, cut them out and stamped the back of each one. I chose pink as the image colour as I know at least one friend is expecting a baby girl. Before I go on, here's the card...


















To add texture to the overall card I used several layers, separated with foam squares. The top layer, with the stamped image, was cut at each end using deckle edged scissors to add interest. I rounded off the corners on the second layer and added a pierced border using a compass ;)  For the main card, I stamped a repeat image from the 'Circle Circus' set (Stampin' Up!) using a SU! Whisper White craft inkpad. I then pierced the design using the compass again. The finishing touch was a little hand tied bow on the rattle's handle.

I just hope that the work I put into the card comes across in the pics!

4 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love the white on white and that rattle is brilliant! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog earlier and for becoming a follower, I really appreciate it!
    Have a nice day!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsey! I really appreciate you becoming a follower too! I hope to have a bit ore crafty time this weekend so should have some more cards for you to see soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby card!
    Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thsi card is absolutely beautiful... Love what you have done with the sweet treat cups.... WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete