I'm just so happy I had to blog! I've finally made inroads on my Wonderland Quilt. As those of you on facebook may know, I've been having problems with my sewing machine for weeks and was getting so down not being able to sort it. I knew it was an issue with the upper thread tension but nothing I did seemed to help. After my DH and my Mum had looked at it and failed to spot anything wrong, my friend Bee came and had a look. She noticed that the thread wasn't properly in the tension disc. She seemed to fix it and it worked for half an hour but then the lower bobbin ran out. Once I'd filled that and re-threaded the machine it started playing up again. Except that this time I'd clearly threaded it right. Sooo frustrating!!
After hours of cursing and sighing my Husband had had enough of me and suggested we buy a new machine and see how I got on with it. As the original was only £40 from Lidl (and way out of its guarantee period unfortunately) it didn't seem worth paying for an engineer to come out to it. Instead we bought an Argos Value Range sewing machine for £59.99. I cannot believe how much better this machine is; It's perfect! It's so much easier to thread and the stitch quality is 100% better than the Lervia. Consequently, I've just finished sewing together my strip piece squares while Phoebe had a nap. I've made more progress in the last 3 hours than in the last 2 months.
Me = happy lady :)
Yay! Glad you're happier and moving forward with your quilt :o) x
ReplyDelete