My first challenge entry today is for the Colour Create Challenge #49 - Warm Pinks and Chocolate.

What a gorgeous, sumptuous colour combo! I'd love to just jump onto that bed and snuggle in the covers :)
Although the colours were my main inspiration, I just felt that this card *had* to be a 'With Love' card. The colours are so warm, it felt like I was making a virtual hug :) Here's my entry...

I made the base card from scratch using chocolate coloured cardstock. Then I cut out a heart (hand drawn) from a patterned paper and cut a smaller heart out of the middle of that one. I had originally only intended to use one heart, and was simply trying different sizes, but layering the hollow heart with the solid one seemed to work really well.
Choosing the background paper and constrasting borders was really difficult. I've got a real mish-mash of papers so finding the right shade of pink took a while. Pink always impresses me because it's such a chameleon. My husband thinks pink is pink, end of story, but there are so many shades of pink and each one creates such a different mood.
To finish off, I used a simple 'With Love' stamp with a hand mixed ink of brown and black (as I didn't have a brown stamp dark enough). Finally, I wrote a slushy message inside in metallic gold pen and left the card for hubby to find later ;)
Thanks for joining us at colour create with this lovely card, hugs Liz & Janiel xx
ReplyDeleteOoh me likey, very much :o) xxxx
ReplyDelete