Sunday, 18 July 2010

Colour Throwdown #101

I may've missed the deadline for Throwdown #100 but I was determined to meet this one!



This week's challenge is to create a card using the colours shown above, or similar shades. This is my entry:-



I looked through my stash of papers and found some great masculine designs that I thought would work well together. The background colour is actually black, but it looks lighter in the pic.I had trouble finding anything to match the kiwi shade so my green is slightly darker. Although there were kraft coloured sections on my papers, I felt I still needed something to fit that element. Then I remembered I had some plain chipboard flowers which would be perfect. It didn't look right left plain so I dressed it up a bit with a green inked centre and some black dots. Even though it's a flower, I think it still feels like a card you could give to a man.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right, this has a masculine feel to it due to the design and colours even with the flower- well done.xxxx

    ReplyDelete