Sunday, 23 May 2010

FAIL!

Seems the #1 issue of Pokemon - The Electric Tale of Pikachu is worth about 10p. Booooooo :( Ah well, can't win em all (or catch em all LOL).

No joy in finding my Banksy books either, but i'll have another look when I get back from hols. On the upside, I did find a £1.50 Tesco Clubcard voucher (still in date!) so silver linings and all that :D

Got a couple of bits to share today, although whether anyone reads this I don't know. Well, I know one person does (luv you Laura!). So, for Laura and anyone else reading, here's a vid of one of my weird actor crushes. It's Dominic Marsh, who played Noah 'Smithy' Smith in daytime soap 'Doctors', and he's not wearing anything - bonus!



The other thing to share is a website I read about, www.fiverr.com. Basically, people advertise whatever service they'd be willing to perform for $5. Some are normal and above board, like simple translations or computer programming. Others are, well, just odd. Like sending you a video of themselves smoking a cigarette and feeding a snake. Hmmm, i'll keep my $5 thanks (if I had any dollars that is). I am actually tempted by a Thai translation service. Back in 2000 I went to Bangkok on holiday and in my hotel room there was a notepad with a manga cartoon drawn on it. It was a smartly dressed young woman with a speech bubble filled with thai writing. I kept it and have always wondered what she's saying. Maybe I will get to find out soon?

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried typing it into babelfish or other online translator?- no need to pay then :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in thai characters though and I don't have a thai keyboard :(

    ReplyDelete