Maybe i've watched too much BBC daytime tv since becoming a Mum, but i've come over all 'Cash in the Attic'. I've been wracking my brain trying to think of stuff I own, and no longer want, that might be worth selling.
In the past i've made some canny purchases that have proved to be investments. About 5 years back I sold my #1 edition of Buffy the Vampire Slayer magazine for something like £27. The #1 issue of Charmed magazine did nearly as well. I still have a #1 issue of Pokemon so I might look into the value of that. It seems though that it's not always the obvious things that can bring in the pennies...
This morning, as I got ready and went to put on my perfume, I realised that my (still yummy smelling) Jean Paul Gaultier Summer Classique was over 6 years old. I can't remember what year I bought it but they've been making it since 1997 so there's a chance it's over a decade old! My first thought was 'Eww, it can't that good using such old perfume' and I considered using some of my treat money on the 2010 version. However, believe it or not, my manky (it's not really!) perfume could actually be worth something! I've been online trying to work out what year it was released, but I can only find details of bottle designs back to 2005. I'm following a couple of lines of enquiry though so I may still get to find out. Having looked on eBay, a couple of bottles in the same design, complete with their tins, have sold for over £20!!
The other items that have got me so excited are a couple of books I bought back in 2002 for a fiver each. They are just little A6 size paperbacks of just 50 or so pages, but now out of print and both rare and sought after. The reason?...They are by Banksy and show collections of his 'art' which are now no more. These books seem to go on eBay for anything up to £40 each!! I know where one of them is...well, what room it's in anyway. As for the other one, well, it's in the house somewhere cos I know i've not thrown it out. I just pray they're in good nick still.
No comments:
Post a Comment