...drink sangria in the park...No, no no, I didn't really! I did go to the park though and had a lovely time with a friend and her daughter. Phoebe loves it if I hold her tight and lay back on the big basket swing with her on my chest. She just lays there grinning. I love it too - so relaxing :)
I'm beginning to wonder if today is a dream, it's almost too perfect. We had a lovely morning and then Phoebe fell asleep in the car on the way home. Amazingly, she stayed asleep when I put her in the cot at 12.25pm and she's she's still snoozing now at nearly 2pm! I've been able to have a hot lunch, a coffee, watch Bargain Hunt (lol) and even - get this - some cleaning!!!! Yes, me, cleaning! I've tidied the lounge and hoovered up, emptied the dishwasher, and hung out the washing. Can't believe it.
I've also got a friend coming down this afternoon from 'oop north' with her son. I haven't seen them in ages so it'll be great to catch up.
I've been thinking of other stuff I could sell and I've got a Jasper Conran leather handbag that I bought ages ago. It's unused and still in the dust bag so I might see if I can list it on eBay. Don't think it'd go for much as it has a tiny scratch on the front, but it's just sitting in the wardrobe at the mo so worth a try.
I got a lovely text from my Sister yesterday, saying what a great Mum she thought I was. I was really touched. I've bought her a pressie to say thank you...a copy of a book we had as children that she's been trying to find. It's called The Everything Book - A Treasury of Things to Make and Do. I always used to get in trouble for turning over the corners (and sometimes tearing them off!) to mark a page so it'll nice for her to have a copy that hasn't been ruined by her little sister :)
Right then, Phoebe's been asleep for nearly 2 hours now so i'm going to leave it here and not chance my luck any longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment