Thursday, 20 May 2010

My Epiphany toilet

Well, ok, so I don't have an actual epiphany toilet* but I still had an epiphany last night. It was a bit like the bit in the film Labyrinth where Sarah dares to walk through the corridor wall and realises it was never a barrier at all, she only thought it was. I suddenly realised that the only barriers stopping me from doing things in my life are purely of my making and aren't really there at all. These barriers were, essentially, fear, lack of confidence, negative thinking and a lack of self esteem. I'm now wondering if I do actually have depression at all or whether it's simply a physical manifestation of these imaginary barriers. I guess that, if I can maintain a PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) i'll soon see if that side of things improves.

It hasn't escaped my notice that this epiphany followed a period of greatly reduced alcohol intake. The answers are all here, in my hands.

Seperate blog coming later tonight, I just thought this merited its own entry :)

*The epiphany toilet was a toilet that the janitor installed on the roof in an episode of 'Scrubs' (My Porcelain God), which helped him have greater insight into his life.



No comments:

Post a Comment