On dull days like today I long for a bit of sparkle. Just something to add a bit of magic to the air and liven things up. As there seems to be a shortage of sparkle fairies around here I decided to create my own...
I made this card for my Niece, Holly, who'll be 7 soon. I'm hoping the fairy and her sparkles will be right up her street.
The image is a digistamp from SoftPencil Digital Stamps and I think she's so cute! I used the paper piecing technique I learned recently on her dress, the house and the grass. In fact that grass is recycled from my Graze Box....
The fairy dust and number 7 are just silver and pink glitter combined, which I applied using my Sakura Quickie glue pen. I added a blue floral border cut from a patterned paper. I coloured the rest of the image using ProMarkers.
I'm entering this card into a few challenges...
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #43 - Use a digi image Which is being sponsored by SoftPencil this week so fingers tightly crossed!
Flutterby Wednesday Challenge #125 - Use a Fairy, Princess or Butterfly
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #52 - A Birthday card for a child with sparkle
A Spoonfull of Sugar Challenge #124 - Sparkle and Shine
Passion for Promarkers Challenge #72 - Use something recycled
and last but not least Etsy Inspired Challenge #108 which was to be inspired by an item from the shop of Etsy seller Two Eggplants. I chose these gorgeous little princess wand soap favors which can be bought here.



What a cute card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our recycling challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
ReplyDeleteLove your use of soft and pretty colors from the inspired piece! Thanks so much for playing the Etsy Inspired Challenge!
ReplyDeleteWhat an exceptionally cute card and I love your paper piecing. I haven't given that technique a try and I keep meaning to have a go at it.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card,love all the detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
ReplyDeleteandrea
Fabulous card! Love how you have done the grass. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute card, and fabulous recycling! Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
ReplyDeleteHugs Tracy x
Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz for our Birthday Blog Hop this week. Suzie x
ReplyDeletesuper card with great sparkle, thanks for sharing with Craftycatz this week, x carol
ReplyDeleteVery sweet! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!
ReplyDeleteSuper card and great recycled grass!! This is so spooky as we were only talking about these Graze boxes at work today! Thanks for playing along with us at PFP this week. Juliexx
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us on our Birthday Celebration at CraftyCatz,
ReplyDeleteHugs Dianne xx
Super cute card! Love the play on the stars!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!
Love that twinkle of fairy dust ... fantastic inspired card.
ReplyDeleteWOW . . fab digi image and another one to add to my "Softpencil" collection! Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week.
ReplyDeleteLou
x
This is wonderful. I'm sure Holly will love it. Such a super cute image & great recycling. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Andie xx
You won EIC this week! Check the blog for details!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fab card. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week. Good Luck.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Anja
What a great card - just loving that image.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, and hope to see you again next.
Hugs Sharon x
such a sweet card and fab recycling :0)..thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x
ReplyDelete