Friday, 22 October 2010

Some yummy thanks

I've been slowly learning to be more confident in the kitchen (one area I struggle with due to my depression/anxiety) and I've discovered a fondness for baking. Probably because I have a major sweet tooth and baking usually means I get to eat at least some of the results of my hard work :D

My Husband arrived home from work the other day with a big box of apples which a lady he works with had given to him from her apple tree. I was really touched at her generosity and set to work planning what to make. I settled on Apple Turnovers as I had some puff pastry in the freezer that needed using and I knew hubby had some clotted cream ice cream in the freezer that would be delicious with them served warm.

To say thank you I made a little card using the 'Love Notes' that Stampin'Up! have recently retired. I used some dotty paper from my stash together with Choc Chip cardstock (SU!), and my new fave punch - the corner rounder. The scallop circles are Old Olive (SU!) and I used a Thank U sentiment from my 'Little Bit of Everything' stamp set (SU!). The apple was made by stamping an image from the 'Tart & Tangy' stamp set (SU!) onto the dotty paper and cutting it out and placing it onto the same image stamped in choc chip ink.

My Husband told me today that 'the apple lady' was chuffed to bits with the card and has put it up on her noticeboard at work :D


I've decided to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamps Challenge (Simon Says Give Thanks) and also the Tiffany Doodles #5 - Fall Theme Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. Aww love that apple! The dot paper is great!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, love the sweet apple.Thanks for joining us on Simon Says stamps challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card... so gorgeous.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Tiffany Doodles Fall Challenge. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, it's great when our cards are appreciated isn't it! Makes it worth all the effort. I love your apple card, it's so sweet! The apple looks great dotty! Thanks for joining in the fun over at Tiffany Doodles this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card...such yummy colours.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete