Monday, 18 October 2010

Welcome Baby Ethan

My friend Jo gave birth to a beautiful baby boy last week, who they've named Ethan. He's so cute and his big Sister Ruby seems to be very happy to play Mummy :)


I wanted to make a card to welcome him into the world and this week's colours at The Play Date Cafe were perfect to work with.

I knew I wanted to use a particular digistamp that I bought from DigiStampBoutique and I wanted to use an oval frame, so the sketch challenge #124 over at Friday Sketchers was ideal.


I chose to rotate the sketch to fit the orientation of my digistamp and stamped a cute tag using one of the 'Little Bit of Everything' stamps from Stampin'Up! I added a bow to the tag using ribbon that came on the packaging of a pair of pyjamas - always remember to reuse and recycle folks ;)

Instead of using patterned papers for the rectangles I decided to try something new and cut out the panels as windows onto the beige card underneath. I paper pieced the babygro, bunny and socks. Paper piecing is fast becoming my favourite technique!

Here's my card...


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the paper piecing and the cut out slits (i'm sure there must be a technical term for this!)
    I've got this image and have never used it so thanks for the inspiration.
    Those kids are gorgeous!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute baby card, love the paper pieced onesie! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this is adorable, such cute paper piecing! Thanks for joining in the fun with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable picture! Love your card with the double window! Fabulous design. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card for your friend!!! I love the way you cut out those windows! Clever idea--great paper piecing! Congrats to your friend and welcome to the world, Ethan:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card. Your colouring is fab and I love the papers. Thanks for taking part in the DSB monthly competition. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness - this is adorable (as are the two little ones) and very stunning too....thanks for joining in the DSB comp....Sally-Ann...x

    ReplyDelete