Sunday, 17 October 2010

Here comes Incy Wincy

I'm so excited about showing off this card because it contains so many new techniques for me. I was originally inspired by a sketch on CPS (which I then went and missed the deadline for - d'oh!) and by the For Fun Challenge - Googlie booglie, which is to use googly eyes on a card.


This card features an Incy Wincy Spider, that I made using a scallop punch. I made a spiral spring from card to help him 'bounce' around his web.  He's just spun a sentiment of 'Hang In There' which I stamped in white onto black card (Your Next Stamp - Nicely Negative Challenge). The spider webs were created using a Fiskars texture plate. I then lightly rubbed an inkpad over the raised embossed image.


I chose Incy as it tied in with Halloween (Stampin for the weekend - Challenge 49), the 'What's Buggin You?' challenge at Cute Card Thursday , 'Something Spooky' challenge for Polka Doodles Week 41and the Nursery Rhyme challenge over at Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #54.


I've never made a card using more than one fold before but when I saw that both Charisma Cardz #41 and the Crafty Cardmakers spotlight challenges were for fancy folded cards I thought I should rise to the challenge.




I added a cute ghost, using the free digistamp from Some Odd Girl, to the reverse. I applied black ink lightly using a dry baby wipe in a circular motion to give him a wispy look.


I added a 'Happy Halloween' and a 'Keep Out!' warning, then secured the card shut using a card latch and button. The final touch was the white edging, added using my Signo Opaque white gel pen.
I'd also like to enter this card in the Papercutz Challenge #63 as it's an 'Anything Goes' week.

12 comments:

  1. Clever folding Littlemoo! Really ;like this little card - very ingenious!
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCardMakers this week!
    HUgs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super card, love how you made the spider! thanks for joining us at craftycatz, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Fantastic! I love the spider he's great and I love the fold of the card too!
    Thanks for joining us at Cradty Catz this week Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Halloween card. I love it!! Thank you for sharing with For Fun Challenges this week.
    Amelia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab card
    Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just TOO CUTE! I love the spider, and all the texture in it.... and that it isn't a regular folding card..... WONDERFUL! Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous halloween project!
    Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spider and this card.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great spooky card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great card! I love your idea that the sentiment was spun from spider silk and that closure is the coolest! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Spooky card! Love it! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehe they are too cute to spook! great card. Thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles challenge

    ReplyDelete