For weeks now I've been wanting to make a card for the InStyle Stamps Blog Inspiration Challenge this month. They've set the challenge to be Inspired by Books - a favourite childhood book to be precise.
I chose 'The Quangle Wangle's Hat' - a nonsense poem by Edward Lear about a strange creature who lived in a tree and wore a huge hat. The hat was so beautiful it attracted weird and wonderful animals from miles around to come and make their home in it. It is a timeless poem, written around 1877, which succeeded in delighting my Sister and I during the 1970's and beyond. In fact, what child could fail to be delighted by such creatures as 'The Pobble, who has no toes' and 'the Dong with the luminous nose'.
I created the verse using MS Word and printed it onto patterned paper. Using my border punch I created a deckle edge to three sides. The Quangle Wangle himself was hand drawn, based on a copyright free image I found online. I coloured him using promarkers and then decorated his hat and the card border using buttons, ribbons and brads.
I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Sweet Stampin Challenge #48 - Ribbons
Allsorts Challenge Week 74 - Let's Play Bingo (Brads, Buttons, Punch)

This is just lovely! I'm so glad you joined my bingo challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!
ReplyDeleteFantastic card! I love it. Thanks for joinng us at Sweet Stampin' this week x
ReplyDeletebrilliant card and those colours are wow...thanks for joining in with the Sweet Stampin challenge
ReplyDeleteMina xxx
Guest DT
So sweet and a great background. Thanks for joining is at this weeks Sweet Stampin Challenge!
ReplyDeleteClairexx
This is just darling! Thanks so much for playing with us over at InStyle Stamps!
ReplyDeleteGreat word processing on this fun card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week! Warmest wishes, Lesley
ReplyDelete