Saturday, 16 October 2010

Do-nut ya just love this digi?

I recently bought a few digis from Tiddly Inks and was dying to use them. I soon got a chance to use this 'sweet' image as Fab 'n' Funky Challenges chose the theme of yummy yummy yummy for their #44 challenge.








I teamed this theme with the equally yummy colours in this week's Color Throwdown #114...


...and the Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #31 which is to 'Step away from the square' and make a non-square card...

...and came up with this design!


It's a round card with a normal rectangle card attached to the back so it stands up properly.

I used paper piecing for the do-nut, chocolate topping, trousers and boots. Lilly Bean's skin, hair and top were coloured using promarkers.

To add more interest to the card I decided to try out the Fiskars texture plates I bought recently. You're supposed to use a special texture tool with the plates but as I don't have one yet I just used my embossing stylus. Unfortunately this was really time consuming so I'm definitely buying the tool soon! I love the effect though so it was all worthwhile.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute and creative design! Love the fun images and details! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, I love the paper piecing, this is such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us this week at Fab N funky.....Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card,its soo cute :o) Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete